From: Living Lou
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 leek, light green and white parts only, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1’ pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 5 cups water or veggie stock
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- In a medium pot, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- Add asparagus tips, saute for 2-3 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Sprinkle with a touch of salt, remove from pot and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp of butter, leek and ¼ tsp salt.
- Cook until softened about 4 minutes, add garlic and asparagus. Cook another 4-6 minutes. Season with another ¼ tsp of salt.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, partially covered for 10 minutes.
- Add parsley and puree with an immersion blender or in a regular blender.
- Return to pot, season with remaining ¼ tsp of salt, pepper and lime juice.