Banana Mug Cake
- 3 tbsp spelt, white, or oat flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1/16 tsp salt
- pinch stevia, or 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp water
- 1 tbsp overripe mashed banana
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- For the top, combine: ¼ tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp brown sugar or xylitol or sucanat, 2 tsp overripe mashed banana, tiny pinch salt, 1 tsp buttery spread OR 1 tsp more mashed banana, optional crumbled pecans or walnuts.
- Grease a small mug or 1-cup dish, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all cake dry ingredients, then add all cake liquid ingredients and stir.
- Transfer the cake batter to the prepared dish, then spoon the streusel evenly on top.
- Either bake at 350F for 14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean OR cook in the microwave until a toothpick comes out clean. (Microwave times will vary depending on wattage.)
- If you don’t want to eat the cake directly from the mug or dish, allow it to cool completely. Then run around the sides with a knife and it should pop right out!