Broccoli Mushroom Fried Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups bite-sized broccoli florets
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups cooked rice, chilled
- ½ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- About 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari, or to taste
- Fully cook rice as instructed, and chill for ~30 minutes.
- Add the olive oil to a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- When hot, add in the onion and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until it starts to soften.
- Stir in the mushrooms and broccoli. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the broccoli is crisp tender.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the cold rice to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, until fried and hot (using a wooden spoon to break up the clumps as it cooks).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanuts and soy sauce.
- Serve with desired garnishes.