Buckwheat and Shiitake Mushroom Salad with Gouda
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1½ cups buckwheat groats
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cups parsley leaves with tender stems (about 1 large bunch)
- 4 ounces goat’s- or cow’s-milk Gouda, shaved, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Cook buckwheat, stirring often, until slightly darkened in color and fragrant, about 5 minutes; transfer buckwheat and oil to a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms, parsley, and half of Gouda and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Top with remaining Gouda and drizzle with oil. Grind a little more pepper on top.