Carrot Ginger Coconut Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- 4-5 cups diced carrots
- 3 cups vegetables broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add ginger and saute for another 4 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Add coriander and diced carrots. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the vegetables broth, reduce heat, and simmer mixture until carrots are completely softened, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend soup in batches until smooth.
- Return soup to pot, stir in coconut milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup warm with crusty vegan bread.