Crispy Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 3 yams or sweet potatoes
- oil or oil spray
- toppings of choice (We used parmesan cheese with great success. Other ideas are maple syrup, marshmallows, nuts, whipped cream, or butter)
- Poke a few holes around each potato with a fork.
- If using the microwave: wrap the potatoes loosely in paper towels and cook 14 minutes.
- If using the oven: Preheat oven to 400f place potatoes on a tray or baking dish, and bake for one hour.
- For both methods, once the potatoes are done, slice each in half lengthwise and scoop out about ⅔ of the flesh (save this scooped-out flesh).
- Preheat oven to 430 F, and either brush the skins with oil or spray with oil spray.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and re-stuff with filling. If your topping is something like cheese, nuts, or marshmallows, add them now.
- Place under the broiler, and broil (or bake at the oven’s highest temperature) 3-4 minutes.