Eggnog Rice Pudding
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup eggnog
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Stir in rice and salt. Turn the heat to low and simmer the rice, covered, until all of the water is absorbed. Set aside.
- Over low heat, add 3 cups of milk, nutmeg, sugar, and vanilla extract to the cooked rice.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring often so the milk doesn’t burn.
- Stir often, until the milk cooks down and the rice is creamy, about 20 minutes.
- Add the eggnog and cook for 10 minutes more, until thickened.
- Place in a large bowl or serving dishes to cool. Serve cold or at room temperature. Garnish with ground nutmeg.