Kale and Goat Cheese Frittata Cups
From: The Kitchn • Print this Recipe
- 2 cups chopped Lacinato kale
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Get 2 cups kale, remove the leaves from the kale ribs. Wash and dry the leaves and cut them into ½-inch-wide strips.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook the garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the kale and red pepper flakes and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper. Add the kale and thyme to the egg mixture.
- Using a 12-cup muffin tin, use the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to grease 8 of the cups (you may also use butter or non-stick spray if you’d prefer). Sprinkle the tops with goat cheese.
- Bake until they are set in the center, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Frittata is best eaten warm from the oven or within the next day, but leftovers can be kept refrigerated and reheated for up to a week.