Lemon Cloud Cookies
From: Joy the Baker
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange extract
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and confectioners’ sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on low speed with the paddle until well mixed.
- Increase the speed to medium and continue beating until light, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Batter may look broken and curdled.
- Beat in the extracts.
- Decrease the speed to low and beat in the flour.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and give the dough a few good turns with your spatula to bring it all together.
- Arrange rounded teaspoons of the dough on a pan lined with parchment paper. Space the balls about 2-inches apart and press on them lightly to flatten slightly.
- Bake the cookies until they spread and become golden, about 20 minute
- Remove the cookies and place on rack to cool ~10-15 minutes.