From: Bon Appetit • Print this Recipe
- 2 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. matcha
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 20 chilled large stem-on strawberries, patted dry
- Stir white chocolate, oil, matcha, and salt in a medium heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let bowl touch water) until nearly smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir until chocolate is melted.
- Set into a larger bowl of ice water and chill, stirring constantly, until thickened and just starting to lose its sheen, about 2 minutes.
- Working one at a time, hold berries by stems and dip into matcha mixture to coat; let excess drip back into bowl.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and optionally sprinkle with sesame seeds. (Depending on their size, you will be able to coat 15–20 berries.)
- Reheat matcha mixture if it starts to set before you have dipped all the berries.
- Chill dipped berries until shell is set, 20–25 minutes.
Enjoy! These are, of course, amazing with whipped cream