- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- ¾ cup canola oil, divided
- Combine egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk until blended and bright yellow, about 30 seconds.
- Using ¼ teaspoon measure and whisking constantly, add ¼ cup oil to yolk mixture, a few drops at a time, about 4 minutes. Note: I used a hand mixer at the lowest speed.
- Gradually add remaining ½ cup oil in very slow thin stream, whisking constantly, until mayonnaise is thick, about 8 minutes (mayonnaise will be lighter in color).
Cover and chill. Mayo keeps for up to 2 days