Mushroom, Leek, and Spinach Frittata
From: Whole30 Cookbook
- 2 medium leeks
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 oz. spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Slice and chop all vegetables
- Trim leeks, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into ¼ inch thick pieces. Rinse well with cold water and set aside
- Preheat the broiler (or oven to 500°F).
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, coconut milk, thyme, salt, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 5-8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and garlic and let the spinach wilt for 30 seconds.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook over medium heat.
- As the egg mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting the cooked egg so the uncooked egg flows underneath. Cook until the egg is beginning to set.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and broil 4-5 minutes, until the top is set and lightly brown.
- Top with green onions, cut into wedges, and serve hot!
Note: If you’re not actually doing whole30, this recipe is excellent with a little Gruyere or Swiss cheese.