From: Joy the Baker • Print this Recipe
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons vegetablespoon oil or melted butter
- Whisk together flours, salt, spices, sugar and baking powder in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg, pumpkin and vegetablespoon oil or melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Don’t worry if you have a few lumps. You don’t want to over beat the batter, it’ll produce tough pancakes.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes while you heat the skillet.
- Over low-medium heat melt a tablespoonspoon of butter or vegetablespoon oil. Once skillet is hot, spoon a heaping 2 tablespoonspoons of batter per pancake into the skillet.
- When pancake starts to bubble slightly, carefully flip over.
- Once browned and cooked through place pancakes on a plate. Enjoy!
Tip: While you’re cooking the rest of the pancakes, we generally heat the over to it’s lowest temperature and put the pancakes on an oven-proof plate, and keep them in there to stay warm