- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, brown sugar, baking powder,
baking soda, salt, and spice
- In a measuring cup, measure out the buttermilk. Add the egg,
pumpkin puree, and melted butter; beat until thoroughly combined.
- In one batch, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and
mix until just combined. The batter should have some small to medium
- Heat up your griddle (or cast iron skillet) over medium heat and
brush with ½ tablespoon of butter. Scoop the batter, using a
tablespoon measure on to the warm skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until
small bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, and then flip.
Repeat until you’re done with all the batter. Serve with pats of
butter and warm maple syrup.