- 1 pint strawberries
- ½ cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Hull strawberries, then wash them and chop into ¼-inch-thick pieces.
- Toss with half the sugar, and wait 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they give up their juices.
- Place half the strawberries and all the juice in a blender, and puree.
- Pour puree back in bowl with chopped strawberries.
- Whip the cream with remaining sugar and vanilla until cream is stiff and holds peaks easily.
- Fold berries and cream together, and serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to two hours.