Gluten-Free Summer Strawberry Coconut Tart
Gluten-Free Tart Shell
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, solid, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Coconut Whipped Cream + Toppings:
- 2 (13.5 ounce) cans of full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated for at least 6 hours
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of strawberries, halved and sliced
- ¼ cup raspberries
- A few chamomile flowers, as garnish, this is optional
To Make the Gluten-Free Tart Shell:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 9-inch tart pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor fitted with the chopping blade, pulse the flour and salt until combined.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, and egg and blend until the mixture forms a ball. If you don’t own a food processor, you can make this in a large bowl, you just have to get your hands in there to mix it thoroughly.
- Lightly press the dough into the tart pan and make sure it goes up the sides of the tart shell is in an even as layer as possible.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until light golden brown. Remove crust from the oven and allow to cool completely.
To Make the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Remove the solid coconut cream that has risen to the top of the can, and spoon it into a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Beat coconut cream on high speed until it begins to thicken and peaks form. The remaining coconut water can be saved for drinking!
- Using a rubber spatula, slowly fold in the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Spoon the whipped cream into the center of the tart shell and spread around so it’s in an even layer.
- Add the sliced strawberries and raspberries and chamomile flowers, if using.
This is the best the same day it is made but the crust can be made up to a week ahead of time and stored, well wrapped, in the fridge.