Blistered Cherry Tomato and Mushroom Frittata
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream (14% milk fat)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8oz sliced button mushrooms
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with sour cream and half the cheese. Set aside.
- Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and sliced mushrooms, season with ¼ tsp salt.
- Cook until liquid releases and mushrooms are golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Return pan to heat, add olive oil and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for another 4 minutes. Tomatoes should start to blister.
- Add mushrooms back to pan, pour egg mixture on top sprinkle with green onion and parsley. Season with black pepper.
- Allow to cook on stovetop until edges have set, about 4-5 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until eggs have puffed up.
- Cool for 10 minutes, run a silicone spatula around the edge of the pan and underneath the frittata, it should slide right off onto your serving dish. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.