Cooking & Code
A curated index of recipes, this site aims to simplify some of the best recipes on the internet so that you can make them on a budget! All recipes are ones I've tested and loved, so that you don't have to find out the hard way that whipped sweet potatoes with lemon juice are really not all that. The site is on github; please feel free to make a PR, submit an issue, or just see what I do!
- 4 cups Silk Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces 75% dark chocolate (the darker the better!)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 large pinch cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Coconut cream, whipped
- In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients except the coconut cream and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for two hours, whisking every now and again to combine the ingredients.
- Once completely melted, ladle into mugs and top with a heaping spoonful of coconut cream.
- Sprinkle with extra cinnamon and shaved chocolate to garnish.
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- dash sea salt
- dash cinnamon, optional
- stevia, to taste
- Blend all.
- Heat everything to a low simmer.
- Serve when it reaches your desired temperature.
Can it get any easier?
- 1 medium butternut squash, chopped into cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, whole and peeled
- 1 or 2 pears (bartlett or bosch work), sliced into 4 wedges and cored
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp grated ginger
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh herbs, seeds, etc. for garnish (I’m using fresh thyme and sesame seeds)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F while you chop all the veggies and fruit.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and toss the squash, onions, pears, and garlic with olive oil.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt and black pepper all over and roast everything in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Add water to a soup pot with roasted vegetables and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add in the ginger, more salt and pepper to taste and turmeric – and stir.
- Now add everything to a blender and blend away!
subscribe via RSS