Acorn Squash Soup
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 5 cups broth (I like chicken)
- ¼ cup cream
- To prepare the squash poke all over with a fork and microwave until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and scoop out flesh, discard seeds and rind.
- Heat butter over medium-low heat in a large pot.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add spices and salt, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add squash and broth. Turn up heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender. Stir in cream and serve.