Verly's Apple Pie
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 ½ tsp flour
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced – we usually us Granny Smith
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Lay one of the pie crusts into the bottom of a pie pan.
- Mix 1 1/8 teaspoon and 1 1/8 teaspoon white sugar together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the pastry.
- Pile the apple slices into the pastry.
- Mix ⅔ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle over the apples.
- Dot the apples with chunks of butter. Top with remaining pie crust pastry.
- Run fingers moistened with water along edge of pie pastry in the pan. Top pie with remaining pie crust pastry and press the two pasties together along the seams to seal.
- Cut small slits into the top pastry for ventilation.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325° F (165° C) and continue baking until crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes more.