Cheddar and Broccoli Tots
- 12 ounces broccoli
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ⅔ cups shredded cheddar
- ½ cup panko
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then immediately shock with cold tap water or an ice bath. Drain very, very well.
- Chop finely and mix throughly with the egg, green onions, cheddar, and panko.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix into your hands and shape into a tater-tot shape. It helps if you keep your hands wet while you’re shaping.
- Place on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the tots are made.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-20 minutes, turning the sheet half way. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot with extra shichimi togarashi, ketchup or sriracha!