Cherry Tomato Frittata
- 10 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1 ¼ tsp. kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- Kernels cut from 1 ear of corn (about 1 cup)
- ½ pint small cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8x8 (or 9x9) glass baking dish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the: eggs, cream, 4 oz. of the goat cheese, 2 Tbs. of the basil, the lemon zest, the salt, the red pepper flakes, black pepper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Add the corn and cook until soft, about 5 minutes
- Add the corn to the egg mixture and pour into the greased baking dish
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, until the edges are just starting to set
- Pull out of the oven and place the halved tomatoes, 2 oz. of goat cheese, and remaining basil on top of the frittata. Return to the oven.
- Bake at 350° for another 15-20 minutes, until the frittata is firm and cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly (5-10 minutes) before running a knife around the edge of the frittata and bringing out onto a plate.
- Slice and serve!