Olive Oil Pound Cake with Roasted Strawberries
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup sour cream or full fat yogurt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for topping
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 9x5-inch baking pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Line with parchment paper so that two flaps of paper hang over the
sides. Grease the parchment paper too, then set the pan aside.
- Place strawberries in a single layer across a rimmed parchment lined baking pan. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes
until the strawberries are softened and some of the moisture has
cooked out of them. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda,
and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until the eggs are
thick and pale in color.
- Add the sour cream and olive oil and whisk to
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once to wet ingredients and whisk
together until smooth.
- Add the roasted strawberries and fold to
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Fold in the pan if you
find the all the strawberries are towards the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a cake tester
inserted in the center of the cake comes out with only a few moist
- Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before inverting onto a
wire rack to cool to just warm. Slice into thick slices and sprinkle
with powdered sugar just before serving.