Pan-Fried Tilapia with Diced Tomatoes
From: My Kitchen • Print this Recipe
- 1 tilapia filet
- 1 tablespoonspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 grape or cherry tomatoes
- Diced the tomatoes. I use grape tomatoes, and like to slice them in half lengthwise then slice each length into thirds.
- Place the olive oil in the pan, and the fish in the olive oil. I like to rub the filet down a bit to make sure it’s fully coated
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic to both sides of the fish
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, flipping after 5 minutes. The fish should turn a flaky golden brown and develop an almost-crust.
- Once fully cooked, transfer to a plate. Cover with the diced tomatoes.
This simple but delicious meal has been a staple of my diet this summer. The fish fries really well, and the tomatoes cut the fattiness of the fried fish perfectly.