Pesto Pasta with Shrimp
From: Our Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup shredded Romano or Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- ⅓ cup nut of choice (we had success with walnuts)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shrimp, fully cooked and cut into ¼ inch chunks
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 box pasta (we use gluten free)
- In a blender or food processor, combine all pesto ingredients
- Move the pesto into a pot on low heat, adding the tomatoes and shrimp to heat up.
- Pour the pasta into a large pot, then fill with water until it’s about an inch above the pasta. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and boil.
- Strain the pasta, stir in the pesto, and enjoy!