From: Everyday Paleo
2 carrots, sliced 1 medium yellow onion, diced 1 medium head of broccoli, also diced 1 14 oz can coconut cream (or milk) 1 regular sized can pumpkin puree 1 cup chicken stock 2 tablespoons oil of choice (I use olive) 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1 teaspoon crushed garlic 1 teaspoon coriander ½ tablespoon turmeric powder 1 tablespoon curry powder
- In a wok, saute the onion, carrots, and broccoli in the oil over medium heat until the onions become translucent
- Turn up the heat on the veggies to medium high (7-8), add the can of coconut cream to the wok. Let it sizzle and stir until the cream is melted and mixed well with the veggies. Turn down to medium low and let it simmer.
- While the concoction is simmering, add the pumpkin, chicken stock, and spices . Stir to combine.
- Add the peeled and de-veined shrimp to the soup and cook until the shrimp are pink and firm (about 3-4 more minutes).
- Goes great with brown rice! Garnish with cashews, cilantro, or coconut flakes.