Tiny Strawberry Cream Scones
From: Joy the Baker • Print this Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⅓ to 1½ cups heavy cream plus more for brushing the top
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup chopped white chocolate (optional)
- sugar for topping
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup mix together vanilla extract and 1 ⅓ cups cream.
- Drizzle the cream mixture into the dry ingredients tossing and stirring as you pour in the cream (I ended up needing to add an extra 2 tablespoons of cream)
- Add the strawberry chunks and white chocolate chunks (if using). Toss together. Add 2 more tablespoons of cream if necessary to create a moist, cohesive, but not sticky dough.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Gently gather and knead the dough into a dish and press the disk out into a ¾”-thickness.
- Use a small biscuit cutter to cut small 1 ¼-inch circles from the dough disk.
- Brush each circle with heave cream and sprinkle generously with sugar.
- Place 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Remove from the oven and serve warm.