Sweet Potato, Kale, and Shrimp Skillet
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- A pinch of crushed red pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 cups fresh shrimp
- 3 cups trimmed and coarsely chopped kale leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- In a cast iron skillet, add the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add sweet potato and cook for 10 minutes. In case you need, add a few tablespoons of water or ¼ cup to help steam the sweet potato.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for another 6-7 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they turn pink.
- Turn the heat to low and add kale, stirring until wilted.
p. Season to taste with salt and pepper.