Vegetarian Thai Noodles
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. rice vinegar
- 1½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. cornstarch
- ½ Tbps. vegetablespoon oil
- 1 shallot, sliced (should measure around 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup, loosely packed, fresh wide rice noodles
- ¾ cup broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- 10 Chinese kale leaves, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 egg
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Whisk vigorously to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat.
- When the oil begins to shimmer, add shallots and cook until they begin to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and kale and cook, stirring occasionally, until kale cooks down and softens, about 1 minute.
- Pour liquids into wok and stir all ingredients to combine.
- Continue cooking until sauce thickens and begins to sizzle on the bottom of the pan.
- Add noodles, stirring to coat evenly in sauce.
- Push noodles to one side of the wok and add egg on other side. Scramble egg until just cooked through.
- Give the entire dish a good stir to evenly combine and serve immediately.