Thai Yellow Curry
- 2- 3 cups milk of choice
- 3- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (3-5 cloves)
- 8 ounces firm tofu or chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 bunch of asparagus – chopped
- Any other veggies you want to throw in! Bell pepper, potatoes, leeks, etc.
- ⅓ cup chopped cashews or slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (if you like things spicy)
- Cardamom and pepper to taste
- Brown rice for serving
- Cut all your veggies.
- Saute the onion and 2 cloves chopped garlic in ½ tsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp curry powder and salt and stir until combined.
- Add the coconut milk to the onion mixture, bring to simmer and work out any clumps.
- Stir in the tofu and cook for a few minutes until the tofu has absorbed most of the flavors.
- Simmer the liquid on low heat until it has cooked down slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, saute the broccoli and asparagus (or whatever veggies you use) with 2 cloves chopped garlic over medium heat.
- Add salt, cayenne, and remaining curry power/cumin and other spices to taste.
- Cook until veggies are crisp.
- Pour tofu-milk mixture over veggies (in the pan) and stir to combine.
- Add additional spices as needed. Cook through for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cashews. Serve with brown rice.