Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- 3 14-oz cans coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound firm tofu, cubed
- 1 large lemongrass stalk, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp curry paste (I used Thai and True’s yellow curry paste)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt or soy sauce to taste
- Place all ingredients, except the fresh cilantro and mushrooms, into the slow cooker, and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-7.
- Add the mushrooms during the last 20 minutes of cooking, and top with cilantro when serving.