- 2 15oz containers vegetablespoon (or chicken) broth
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shredded basil (optional)
- Combine broth and tomatoes in a medium saucepan over moderate heat (6 or 7 on 1-10 scale).
- When soup begins to bubble (5-10 minutes), stir in cream and reduce heat to low (3).
- Season with salt, pepper, and basil leaves, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into a blender and blend until smooth
- Garnish with Parmesan, bread crusts, more basil, or any other toppings you’d like.