Tomato Mozzarella tarts
- ½ 17.3 ounce package frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces salted fresh mozzarella cheese, very thinly sliced (8 or 9 slices)
- 1 large roma tomato, thinly sliced (8 or 9 slices)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Small fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry. Cut into 9 squares.
- Place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until puffed.
- Sprinkle rounds with Parmesan cheese; top with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Sprinkle tarts with basil. Serve warm. Makes 8 or 9 tarts.