Whole Wheat Honey Pound Cake
From: Joy the Baker • Print this Recipe
- 2¼ cups white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks (12 Tablespoons of butter), at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour the loaf pan and muffin tins.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, whip the butter, sugar and honey on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating for about one minute after each addition. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry mixture and buttermilk in three additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Stop the mixer and scrape the bottom of the bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is evenly incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pans.
- Smooth the top down and bake the cake for about hour and the muffins for about 20 to 25 minutes. The cake will be a lovely golden brown and a thin knife inserted into the center of the cake will come out clean.
Let the cake cool in the pan for 20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.