- 1 19oz block of firm or extra-firm tofu
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 4 medium-sized carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 3 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp cornstarch to thicken
- Cayenne or Sriracha sauce to taste
- Start rice if you’re making it – bring 1 part rice and 2 parts water to boil, then cover with lid and simmer for 40-50 minutes.
- Dice the tofu into large cubes, approximately ½-inch square.
- Place the tofu in a medium-sized frying pan on the stove top on high heat.
- Add in the soy sauce, oil, and Sriracha sauce or cayenne.
- Fry on all sides until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Prep and chop all vegetablespoons.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a large stock pot on the stove.
- Place potatoes in pot and allow to boil until not quite soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in carrots and continue to boil another five minutes.
- During this five minutes, pour in the coconut milk and all of the seasonings, spices, and salt.
- Add in onions and continue to boil another 5 minutes.
- Add in the browned tofu and serve with rice.