Carrot Curry Soup
From: 101 Cookbooks • Print this Recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil or unsalted butter
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste, or to taste
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped - ½-inch chunks
- ½ 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ¾ cups / 180 ml of water, or to cover
- 1 lemon (optional)
- In a large soup pan over medium-high heat add the butter and onion.
- Stir until the onions are well-coated, and allow to saute until translucent, a few minutes.
- Add the curry paste, and then stir in the carrots.
- Allow to cook another minute or two, and then add the coconut milk, salt, and water, adding more water to cover if needed.
- Simmer until the carrots are tender, 10 - 15 minutes, then puree using a blender or hand blender until the soup is completely silky smooth.
The next part is important, you’re going to make any needed adjustments. For example, add more water if the consistency needs to be thinned out a bit. Taste for salt, adding more if needed. I also like to season this soup with a great big squeeze or lemon or lime juice. Serve topped with whatever you have on hand. Something crunchy like almonds is nice. Along with a final touch of something green, like micro greens & cilantro.