Miso Peanut Butter Cookies
From: Bon Appetit • Print this Recipe
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup smooth almond butter
- ¼ cup miso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or wafers
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 350°F.
- Whisk flour and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, swirling occasionally, until it foams then browns, 5–6 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and stir until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add egg and continue to stir until mixture is smooth, about 1 minute longer.
- Add almond butter, miso, and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Mix in dry ingredients, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, until combined. Let the dough rest 10 minutes
- Scoop 2-tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into a ball (you should have 16 balls).
- Arrange on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2” apart.
- Make a crosshatch pattern with a fork across tops of dough (if fork sticks to dough, dip into water before continuing).
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until lightly browned and firm around the edges, 12–14 minutes. Let cool.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave in 20-second blasts, stirring in between, until completely smooth.
- Dip 1 side of each cookie into chocolate and return to baking sheets.
Let sit at room temperature until chocolate hardens, about 2 hours, then enjoy!