From: Brown-eyed Baker • Print this Recipe
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3 tbsp ice water
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the cheese, butter, and salt with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add the flour and mix on low until pebbly.
- Slowly add 2 tablespoons of the water and mix as the dough forms a ball. If needed, add the additional tablespoon of water a little at a time until the dough forms.
- Divide the dough into two pieces and roll each into a very thin 10x12-inch rectangle.
- Cut the rectangles into 1-inch squares, then transfer them to the baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until puffed and browning at the edges.
- Immediately move the crackers to wire racks to cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Loosen your belts, ladies and gentlemen.