Chai Apple Cider
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1-inch whole piece ginger, peeled
- 2 whole cinnamon stick
- 8 whole cloves
- 6 whole cardamom pods
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 1 whole star anise
- ½ whole vanilla bean, sliced in half lengthwise
- Ground cinnamon, for topping
- In a 2-quart sauce pan, combine the apple cider with the ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods, peppercorns, star anise, and vanilla bean. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes until fragrant.
- Strain the cider and divide between two mugs. Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.