Instant Pot Chickpea Vegetable Soup with Parmesan
- 1 whole clove
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound dried chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 small Parmesan rind, plus 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 celery stalks, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the clove, onion, chickpeas, 1 teaspoon of rosemary, garlic, olive oil, cheese rind, and broth into the instant pot liner.
- Set the timer to 35 minutes on high pressure.
- Let off the steam.
- Turn on the saute function, and add the tomatoes, carrots and celery, cover loosely, and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 25 minutes longer.
- While soup simmers, mix the chopped rosemary, grated Parmesan, lemon zest and pepper in a small bowl.
Season the soup to taste and ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with the Parmesan mixture.