- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1–14 ounce can pumpkin puree (or about 1 ⅔ cups homemade puree)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Pile the flour in the middle of a board or clean countertop.
- Make a well in the center, and add in the pumpkin puree.
- Using clean hands, mix together the puree and flour until it forms a stiff dough (adding more flour if needed to make it not sticky).
- Divide the dough in half, covering one half with a towel to keep it from drying out. Form remaining dough half into a disc.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll out the disc into a very thin sheet (you should almost be able to see through it in parts).
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into ¼″ long strips. Repeat with remaining dough disc.
- Bring to a boil two quarts of salted water.
- Drop noodles into the water a few at a time.
- Cook for two minutes, or until all the noodles float. Drain and top with sauce.