Pumpkin Spice Latte
From: The Kitchn • Print this Recipe
That’s right, we’re going there. It’s officially fall, and for those who like me don’t want to consume 50+ grams of sugar you can make your own PSL at home!
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or sweetener of choice. Sugar, honey, agave, dates, all work!)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 to 2 shots espresso, about ¼ cup, or 8 oz extra strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Heat the pumpkin and spices: I like to do this by mixing the pumpkin and spices in a small microwave safe bowl and microwaving for 1 minute. You can also do it in a saucepan on the stove.
- Stir in the sugar: Add the sugar and stir until the mixture looks like a bubbly thick syrup.
- Warm the milk: I usually just heat the milk in it’s own saucepan. You can also mix it into the pumpkin and spices if you’re already using a saucepan for that.
- Blend: Add everything to a blender and blend on medium-low for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is frothy.
Serve! Top with whipped cream and extra spices if you’d like, or just enjoy as-is.