- ½ stick butter, softened
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup + 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon culinary grade matcha powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer - it should be creamy colored and airy.
- Gently incorporate the egg to the butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet by adding a little at a time and folding or gently mixing the batter together. Keep going until you’ve incorporated all the remaining flour mixture. The dough should be a beautiful green color.
- Chill the dough for at least an hour - up to overnight. The longer the better!
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of ping pong balls and place them on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake them for 12-15 minutes until the bottoms just start to become golden brown and the cookie no longer looks wet in the middle.
- Remove and let cool on a rack and enjoy!